Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2014 & I, So Far..

Hey, Girl, Haaaay!
So lets be honest real quick, 
I thought being a blogger was going to be cake since I love to write and I love to post pictures.
Wrong!
Its so much easier to do this on InstaGram.
I kinda feel like, I always have something interesting to post on IG, but then when it comes to a new blog post, my confidence hits rock bottom. 
#babybloggerprobs

But anywho. I agree that my life is AWESOME, whether if I'm the only gal on the planet who thinks so or not. God & I enjoy my life all day; errrrrrday, so with that being said, 
I think I have plenty to blog about.

So back on track. 
eh-hum.

I must say that I am really enjoying myself in 2014. Its so refreshing than all the other years, ya know? Maybe because I'm actually CHOOSING to find something enjoyable about each day rather than making myself find something wrong. I'm actually loving and enjoying every day life. 
Ding. I think that was a goal in one of my target areas for this year.
Score.

So the past few days have been great. okay, extremely great. 
I really feel that I'm putting myself to use this year and I love it. 
Uh-Oh, did I just hit another goal?

Score numero dos. #holla

hahah, okay so yeah, like I was saying. I've been keeping myself busy while still balancing my "me" time that I value. I must admit, I'm a homebody. I love home, I love family, and I love being in my own space. However, since I'm a ministry leader now, I'm really starting to learn how to share my space. Its hard. But, I'm being used by God, so I'm learning.

  So now, I'm going to let my pictures take over...

Aspire 31 kicked off the year with our first meeting of 2014.
Our topic was "The Importance ofGoal Setting"

This was me talking to them about setting standards and goals for ourselves as young women of this ministry. Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position. Wow, God!

 "Changing Forward" is our Church's Vision for 2014. & Those are the goals that the girls want to see happen during this year in our ministry!
 I had the girls come up with expectations for themselves as a lady of "Aspire 31". Each one came and signed it as a part of accountability!
& here are the girls' expectations of me as their leader. I signed to show my promise and to hold myself accountable. They are so sweet.

 & last for the night, here's a picture of the girls making their 2014 vision boards for themselves! I've rececently fell in love with the idea of making vision boards from two of my friends. I think I'm going to make one every year.

Speaking of vision boards...
Here is one of my girls' vision boards. Zaria! How awesome is this?
___________

Meanwhile, in my own time..

I've been doing a little DIY crafting myself!

I made my own vision board because I promised the girls to "practice what I preach" I had SOOO much fun making this. I want to make like 10 more haha. I'm going to post a seperate blog about how I made this and how important it is to have visions for yourself!


Like I was saying, I've been very busy these days. So I invested in my very first wall calender. I always thought important busy-like people used these.
I guess I'm an important busy-like person now.
score.
Im a sucker for planners. I already had one, but I thought this was cuter and more motivating.
So I bought it and been putting it to use. I love the bullet point list style set up.

 Ive been working out! & Going pretty strong with it!
I think that's another goal I just knocked out.
My best friend's brother is a professional trainer and he has been designing workouts just for me and sends them to me weekly. I've been doing pretty good as a "traniee" I feel more motivated now that I have an actual plan.
Am I winning or what? geesh haha.

Here is my sister, Tori & I taking gym selfies. She's so much fun to work out with.
& I've finally learned to LOVE this drink. I consume NO greens at all. So this has been my go-go drink lately. It's actually YUMMY! Especially when its really cold.

 My Young Adult Group at church has been studying this book for the past few weeks and it is
AH-MAZING!!!!! I just happened to see it on sale for 1.99 on Black Friday @ my local LifeWay Christian Store and so I grabbed a handful for my class not really thinking too much about it. & It is EVERYTHING that our church's Vision is for 2014. WOW! I highly recommend this book as well as David Platt's first book, RADICAL. We havent read it yet, but more than likely we will.

 I've been in my WORD and also planning some great ideas God laid on my heart!! I love when He speaks to me through ideas and creativity!!!!

& My favorite of all,
We celebrated my dad's birthday!!!!
Sadly, I was so hyped that I forgot to take a picture. But I still didnt want to leave this memory out.
I love my dad! He's awesome!!

Well you guys,
I think that sums up everything that has happened so far these past few days!
I look forward to posting soon.

Until then,
lots of hugs & love

No comments:

Post a Comment