Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

February has came and is almost about to take its exit for the year! I can't believe it! I really, really love the month of February. Maybe because of its simplicity. It comes, it stays for just a little while, and then it leaves. Some people dread it, but I actually enjoy it. Maybe because I am a lover of love, therefore, Valentines Day has always been one of my favorite holidays--from my elementary schools days up until now.

So this makes my second Valentines Day that I spent being single since forever. Now that I think about it, I have ALWAYS had some little boyfriend around this time of year. I couldn't even begin to tell you a year that I did not have a valentine. BUT, last year marked my first year to remember. I was living on campus last year and Valentines Day fell on a weekday, therefore, I couldn't just run home to spend the day with my family. I had no boyfriend, no boo on the side, nothing. Not even a roommate to feel all "what we need a man for?" and then go do something crazy together. I wasfor real  alone! However, I decided tha I was not going to be a scrooge and an "anti-valentist" that day..even though I probably had every reason to.

That day, I got up, I put on some cute clothes, I did my hair, and I spent extra time on doing my make up..and guess what? I went on about my day with the biggest smile on my face! There were no plans made, not friends to meet up with, no little boyfriend I could call up and have a movie night with or anything...just me, myself, and I. But for some reason, I was OKAY with it! I was happy. I was content. My mom ended up calling me that day and told me that she put some extra money in my bank account for me to go and get a nice lunch off campus somewhere that day because I was going to spend my first V-DAY away from her. So, I did just that. After classes, I took my happy-go-lucky, dolled up self to FAZOLIS and I ate ALONE! & let me tell you, I had the best time ever. Knowing that I could conquer eating and being alone! From that moment on, I had no desire to always feel to be with someone. I had finally reached a point in being CONTENT with the season God had me placed in that moment.

So, this Valentines Day rolled around, and again...I was single! However, still happy as can be! Being inspired from last year, I decided again to wake up, get dressed up, curl my hair, do my make up and make plans to have lunch somewhere by myself. However, this time I decided to do something different. I decided to bring a special guest along with me...JESUS! Thats right! I invited Him to come along and be my date to lunch for Valentines Day. So I grabbed my bible and journal and we went to O'Charley's for lunch. There I sat down, ordered food and read my bible and and wrote in my journal for the remaining of our time there. Looking around seeing all the cute couples eating together that day made my heart smile. I was so happy to see love amongst other people!

I do not know what next Valentines Day holds, but I promised my self that no matter what...single, in a relationship, or married..I will continue to take Jesus on a date with me for Valentines Day. He has given me the best gift of love yet, and I will no longer take it for granted.

Sister, learn to first be content in Him and Him alone...


Lots of Hugs & Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment